Review: VeganBurg

Sunday, August 30, 2015


I've been putting off this vegan burg review for too long. Partly because I've been having exams and I haven't had time to write a post, but mainly because I've been quite lazy. In any case, I'm finally writing it! 

You've most likely heard of Veganburg. They're a local vegan fast food chain, and they've even expanded overseas to California! Really proud of them :-) I've eaten at veganburg quite a few times, and though I don't think these burgers are very healthy, I do really like how they taste! 

So far I've tried....
mustang relish, 
smoky bbq, 
their seaweed fries, 
tangy tartar, 
their old school hot dog with satay sauce, 
and Hawaiian teriyaki. 

My favorites are mustang relish and Hawaiian teriyaki.did not take a photo of the Hawaiian teriyaki burger, but it's the burger featured in the photo above, so I guess a photo isn't quite necessary anyway.

I really like the quality of the burger buns they use. The texture is just right, not too soft and not too dense. Veganburg uses 3 types of patties: grilled soy patties, mushroom patties and a crispy soy patty. The soy patties resemble chicken while the mushroom patties resemble beef. I do not taste any soy or mushroom in the patties, but if you have discerning taste buds you may be able to. 

Smoky BBQ burger



The seaweed fries is way better than regular fast food fries in my opinion. Its perfectly crisp, unlike some of the soggy fries served by other fast food chains. The seaweed flavour is not prominent though.


Mustang relish burger! The mustard and pickles combined with the crisp soy patty guarantees a burger packed with flavour and texture.


Veganburg allows you to call to place an order in advance for takeaway. I've done this a few times and I've had no problems with their service.



Tangy tartar burger

Their 'old school hot dog' comes with a sauce of your choice. I decided to try the satay sauce. 


This is the old school hot dog with satay sauce and ketchup. I don't particularly like the hot dog. It's quite plain tasting. The sauce is also quite hard to spread on although an ice cream stick is provided to spread the sauce. I'd prefer if the sauce was less dense and more spreadable. Right now its more of a paste.


If you order a set meal at Veganburg, you get to pick a drink. I don't really like the drinks, they just taste like fruit juice concentrate and water...



So overall veganburg is great. My meat eater parents and friends like it too!

Service: 4/5 
Location: 3.5/5 (its not that easy to get to) 
Taste: 4/5 
Health: 3/5 
Vegan friendly: 5/5 
Overall Rating: 4/5 


  • Veganburg
  • 44 Jalan Eunos Singapore 419502
  • Phone : +65 6844 6868
  • Fax : +65 6844 1021

  • Mon-Sat and PH : 11.30am-10:00pm (last order 9:45pm)
    Sun : 10:30am-10:00pm (last order 9:45pm)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Video

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *