Review: O'bean Tanjong Pagar

Monday, November 28, 2016

Rating: 
Average price: $15
Address: 30 Tanjong Pagar Road S088453 
Website: 
https://www.facebook.com/ObeanOrganicSoyaStore
Type: Vegetarian

I've been to O'bean at Tanjong Pagar twice now and was really impressed by the food both times. Highly recommend bringing non-vegans here as they'll definitely enjoy the food! They have good lighting here for photo taking ahaha and nice ambience.




They have quite a wide menu and I love that they offer the choice of brown rice, white rice or any kind of noodles you prefer! O'bean is a vegetarian place, but the menu clearly indicates what contains egg and dairy. Here are some of the dishes I've tried!


The korean seafoodless pancake ($21.80) was massive! I honestly would prefer it to be smaller and less expensive. Came with vinegar and a sauce that I think its gochujang (korean red pepper paste). It's crispy and quite nice taste wise, but it's too oily for my liking and I wouldn't order it again haha.


The braised dumpling soup ($11.80) with brown rice was sooooo good. The dumplings were really big and flavourful! In my opinion they are the best vegan dumplings I've tried. They beat the dumplings served at genesis, real food, and xuan miao. I really love the broth that they are served in as well. You can tell its homemade with all those chinese herbs and stuff!



The Teochew braised platter for one with soya kway chap was fantastic! My parents said it tastes really authentic. I've not had kway chap before because even as a meat eater I felt really uncomfortable eating offal. 

The braised platter usually comes with egg but if you're vegan they replace the egg with green veggies yay. There's taukwa, taupok, peanuts, "pork", mushroom and pickled veggies. I'm not a fan of the pickled veggies cos they were so sour (though I like kimchi and pickles usually). The rest of the platter was really yum tho. Really reminded me of the braised pork and taukwa dish I used to eat in when I was in primary school :') 


The pork tastes so real omg they even put the fatty layer.


The kway chap soup is the same as the dumpling soup from earlier so I loved it! The kway texture was great too. Highly recommend trying this :)

My parents ordered a ginkgo nut dessert and the signature dry pepper mee sua that I didn't try but they want to go back again so I'm pretty sure they liked the food!



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Blue Titanium Art | Titanium Art | Tile Art
    Blue Tetal is one microtouch titanium trim walmart of the largest ion titanium on brassy hair cerakote artists worldwide. This 2020 edge titanium is one of samsung titanium watch the most talented does titanium set off metal detectors Artworks from T.E. Woodhouse Art Gallery that's been around since

    ReplyDelete

Latest Video

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *